- 2012 presidential election; republican candidates, Ron Paul; Obama, breaking promises, perpetuating war and destruction
- US-Iran conflict; how USFG cultivates influence on media to weave a fictitious narrative of
- Occupy Wallstreet and Occupy Miami, activism in Miami-Dade County and its role in the future of miami.
- Homelessness in Miami and the circumstances of the Homeless; pottinger v. city of miami; public space/property more generally
- Greatest Depression, ongoing economic destabilization and the disintegration of the market as we know it; bailouts, inflation
As stories about the Beckham group soccer deal coalesced around a last minute vote of the City of Miami Commission to approve a referendum on leasing public land. A soccer stadium deal, eventually revealed as a gigantic real estate deal for a local hotshot.
I remembered: No matter what happens it seems the people will lose.
Much closer to home, the County Commission voted in June for a referendum in my neck of the woods, North East Municipal Service Area, an unincorporated sector of the county, will get to choose to become a city. However this offer comes with many strings, and lots of loopholes. Citizens beware.
I continue my series with an extensive analysis of the June 5th, 2018 resolution. I plan at least two more posts on this county law, with a particular concern for responsibilities or debts the proposed city would owe the county from the start.