Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cuba, do we come?

This article in the Miami Herald talks about hearings in Congress on lifting the travel ban to Cuba.

I just wanted to comment on Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and other persons who oppose lifting the ban, especially Cuban-Americans. The travel and trade embargoes are a marketing campaign against the "Community" regime in that country.
The reality is that this embargo hurts the Cuban people who so desperately need an influx of goods (Pianos being one example) and violates the rights of any human being who wants to visit Cuba, including me.
Cuba is less than 300 miles from Miami! That would be a one hour flight, or a few hours boat ride that I look forward to taking sometime in the future.

I wonder how Ros-Lehtinen feels about the US' relationship with such violators of human rights as China, Israel, Sri Lanka, Colombia, Nigeria, and on and on and on.

My point? She's a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Virgin Trains Brightline Bait & Switch

Something that concerned me greatly when Miami-Dade County decided to fund the purchase and construction of a train station for the private ...