Sunday, December 13, 2009

My old town of Surfside was in the news. They're implementing new parking ordinances for hotels made in the future. Although Surfside didn't strike me as all that busy when I lived there, it's been rather kicking lately, and I guess that was bound to happen, as it's happening in every other part of Miami Beach.
Much of the mainland isn't so lucky of course.

In regards to parking issues in Surfside, I'd recommend building a parking garage that could manage all those pesky cars. However this town is very picky about the height of structures, and going down is certainly not an option.
Oh well, sucks for them. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a thriving commercial district you either need lots of space, or must be willing make height concessions.

Neighboring village of Bal Harbor gave up on height restrictions a long long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Virgin Trains Brightline Bait & Switch

Something that concerned me greatly when Miami-Dade County decided to fund the purchase and construction of a train station for the private ...